• #134: Models Prefer Skin Cleanser

    Hi guise! With one week to go, I'm studying procrastinating very hard! HAHAHAHA!! I'm going to work late tonight, I guess..or not! Well I guess I've caught onto the Clarasonic trend/bandwagon la....
    As you guise know....the Clarasonic is around $150+ I think, so it's outta my poor student budget....There is an Olay one...which is around $40-ish. So I've gone with the Models Prefer instead!
    Untitled
    I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that it's a Priceline exclusive (someone second me!). For $15.99, I think it's an amazing alternative AND a good "entry-level" cleanser for someone who's not wanting to fork out hundreds for something that might not work!
    Untitled
    So it comes in a set like this! The handle, a stand and 4 brush heads. So it's powered by 2 AA batteries (not included). It does say on the box that it's "splash-proof", but WARNING! I don't think it's 100% waterproof....DO NOT TAKE INTO YOUR SHOWER!!! I learnt the hard way.. (Took it into the shower and when I took it out, the battery compartment had water inside....it wasn't waterlogged, but quite a bits of water everywhere)
    Untitled
    The handle of the cleanser. It only has a simple ON/OFF "switch". No speed changing buttons like the Clarasonic (not sure if the Olay one has it)
    Untitled
    This is how the head looks like - just a circle-y ledge thing which allows you to attach the brush heads to it. as you see, it's not like an electric toothbrush where it will move/rotate/spin by itself. It only vibrates - at a level a little less than a phone, I would say. 
    Untitled
    This is the normal brush - not rough, but definitely not soft....kind of a toothbrush (?) I use this brush when I want to exfoliate or when I just want to "wake up" my skin! It's pretty rough so I don't recommend using it everyday..I'm yet to break out from using it on consecutive days..
    Also, unless your cleanser/face gel etc. is EXTREMELY foamy, it's pretty hard to foam up....my Face Shop face wash is already pretty foamy, but it does have trouble foaming up.
    Untitled
    This is the sensitive brush! And it's SOOOO soft! I have this thing for soft brushes....I'm a freak in Priceline and cosmetic schools feeling up the brushes.....This one foams the washes a lot better! I use this on most days. My skin has become pretty good lately - smooth and less blemishes (but I'm not entirely sure if it's this, because I've changed quite a bit of my routine in the past couple weeks or so)
    Untitled
    Close up of the bristles...SAHH MANY BRISTLES!!!
    Untitled
    And another photo to highlight the fluffiness of the brush!!
    Untitled
    This is the hydrating head (i.e. a sponge). Similar in texture to a makeup sponge(is that what they're called?) I used it a couple times and it was pretty good...but I've become lazy and realised that the sponge actually eats up quite a bit of serum/moisturiser/whatever you're putting on....your hands are still your best friends~
    Untitled
    And this the 4th head - the massaging head...Yet to try it out...but it does look painful...It's got a rubbery texture like the click-y rubbers that we had when we were kids (was it just me??), but a bit harder...this reminds of a pokemon...the one that's a mole and comes from the ground...diggit diglett?!

    So overall this cleanser thing is okay quality, considering that it's only $16...what do you expect from under $20 these days....
    So I guess this is all from me today?? Already 12:30am...what is life...so much of working..I think I'll call it a night and go to bed then sparta tomorrow morning la~
    Byee~
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment