• Long Lasting Brow & Eyeliner Pen by Savvy

    Everyone who knows me will know that I suck at makeup, especially the eye section. So eyeliner is a really troublesome task for me. I've only experimented with pencil and liquid eyeliner. Due to the thinner point, I find liquid a lot easier to control than pencil eyeliner. However, a common problem is that they both smudge and run through a day's wear (thanks to the oil production of my skin)
    DSC_0260
    Long Lasting Brow & Eyeliner Pen by Savvy ($9.99)
    I bought this whilst shopping at Priceline whilst it was on some huge sale, it was only like $4 or something like that. I've used it for a while now..so some the words have slightly rubbed off already.
    DSC_0262
    The tip is pretty average for a liquid liner. However, the fact that the 'ink' is already in the handle presents a problem. I thought it was meant to act in a similar way a texta or a pen would work i.e. work regardless how I position it. However, the liner turns out a lot fainter on the eye than on the hand (when I swabbed it)
    DSC_0264_Fotor_Collage
    Top: one layer
    Bottom: two layers
    It's actually significantly darker on the hand compared to when I put it on my eye - It takes me two coats to get the results of one coat on my hand. My lack of skills probably doesn't help. 
    I generally use this create a relatively 'faint' outline of how I want the eyeliner to appear, and then make it solid with my other liner. Also because it's lighter, it's easier to wipe off if you stuff it up - the darker ones still tend to leave some sort of a mark/smudge when 'cleaned'. 

    I find that I got a good deal with the discount - but for $10, I'm pretty sure you can get a relatively okay one that requires less effort to get a significant shade. I've yet to use it as a brown pen yet - mostly because I naturally have crayon shin-chan brows, but when I do, I'll update this post!

    xoxo
    Serena
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment