• Clinique 3-Step Skin Care

    I've decided to ignore my once a week thing...it's too much work keeping a schedule - so I'm just going to post whenever I want (hehehehe...such a rebel).

    DSC_0007
    So...whilst I was browsing Myer aimlessly before work, I came across this - the Clinique 3-step skin care set. I know this isn't any new thing, but to me it's NEW! 
    I bought this trial set for JB, because I wasn't ready to buy the full-size since it's not my skin and I don't now how JB's skin would react.
    So for $39, this trial set is quite affordable and a good transition into using their products.

    DSC_0008
    Despite being called a trial pack, the products should last you a month - considering you use them twice a day.

    DSC_0010
    Step 1: Cleanse
     Liquid Facial Soap Mild ($29 for 200mL)
    Clinique has three different types of cleansers for the four main types of skin types (very dry, dry combination, oily combination and oily). The one I got was for dry combination skin. The cleanser is a clear gel with sort of a herbal smell. I'm used to for foam cleansers, but this one doesn't foam up as well. But in terms of it's cleansing ability, it's excellent! It cleans, but the skin doesn't feel tight from being over-cleansed.

    DSC_0012
    Step 2: Exfoliate
    Clarifying Lotion 2 ($36-$52)
    It's meant to exfoliate, but I personally have no idea, how it can do that (I'm used to exfoliators in the form of a scrub or a peeling mask). One thing I really don't like is that it reeks of alcohol. However, the good thing is that it doesn't sting that toners with alcohol normally stings.
    Another good thing is that they colour code their different "exfoliators"- green, purple, pink and blue. It's so pretty, I just want to buy them all, but...what's the point la~

    DSC_0013
    Step 3: Moisturise
    Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion+ ($29-$49)
    For me, this lotion is a bit too thick. Kind of like a watery version of the QV cream or sorbolene. For me, it was a bit to pore-clogging, but for the JB with dry combination, it's alright I think. When I decide to start a new skincare routine, I think I'll opt for the moisturising gel instead.

    I see that this 3 step routine worked pretty well for JB, but for me, it hasn't shown any miracles...so maybe I'll stick my current skincare brands.
    But if your system isn't working so well, and you're getting breakouts, I suggest trying the Clinque trial set - $39 only!
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment