• Olay Regenerist Advanced Cleaning System

    Hi guys, it's been another week! I think I've come to the decision that I'll blog once a week(but what day of the week!!! #lazybloggerproblems) - this allows me to concentrate on life and my studies whilst not neglecting this blog (which I've been trying hard to keep up)! So as you read from the title, today's post is all about face cleansing systems, in particular Olay Regenerist's. When the whole craze started, I got my hands on the "drugstore" version from Priceline (brand was Models Prefer). Being too poor for a Clarasonic, I needed a second product to see which one worked better and whether the more expensive one is really the better one! So here it goes~
    Untitled
    Olay Regenerist Advanced Cleaning System (RRP $32.49)
    I've been eyeing this little baby since Olay first released it. I was really disappointed when I couldn't find it at any Coles stores when they clearly had it on an introductory offer for ONLY $20...But now I buy for $26 - not bad I guess then.
    Untitled
    Contents of the box
    So this is what comes in the set - the main part of the cleanser, a brush head (you can buy replacements for it when it wears out/gets dirty etc. @Priceline for $10.99$8.79), 20mL sample of the Olay Regenerist Skin Renewal cleanser, and the highlight of my day....batteries!
    Untitled
    Cleanser body/handle
    The body is significantly smaller than the one I got before - it fits into my hand a lot nicer. The Models Prefer one only has one speed setting (i.e. on/off). This one on the other hand, has a dual speed setting so you can choose what speed/intensity your skin needs to be cleansed at - over-cleansing and under-cleansing will both cause problems for your skin, so you must find the right one!
    Untitled
    Cleanser body/back view
     Having never owned a Clarasonic, I think this Olay one looks a lot alike the Clarasonic ones I've seen in videos and blogs! I really like the look - very sleek and professional looking~ ^^ From you can see there are two buttons, the top one is on/off and the bottom one changes the speed - simple as that!
    Untitled
    Brush head vs. my palm
    This photo of the brush head is to show you how small the cleanser actually is - I could probably hold 3 of them comfortably in my mini palm. The brush heads are really small and smooth, similar to the sensitive brush head in the Models Prefer version - in order words, like a soft toothbrush (bad analogy??)
    Untitled
    Cleanser with brush head attached
    Attaching the brush head is simple, just match up the hexagonal hole on the cleanser to the hexagonal fit on the brush head and press. When it clicks, voila! You are ready to go!
    Untitled
    Olay Regenerist Cleanser sample. Full size product can be purchased from Priceline at $15.99 for 100mL
    I didn't notice anything too special about the cleanser. Normal cream cleanser, no particular scent or anything special abilities as far as I know. Foams up relatively well using most methods (hands, cleaning puff and the cleanser itself).

    I had a video that showed how the cleanser moved and everything, but it didn't turn out too good and I'm not really bothered to film again (I hate video recording..that's why I've stayed to taking pictures). So the MAIN difference between the Models Prefer one and the Olay one is how the machine cleanses. The MP one cleanses in a vibrating action. Without the head, the body would just vibrate - like your phone on vibrate. On the other hand, the Olay one actually rotates, so when you attach the brush head on, it actually rotates to clean your skin. Also, it somehow manages to rotate in 2 different directions at the same time - so the outer ring is spinning in one direction and the inner ring in the opposite. I have no idea whether that is supposed to give a better clean or not. However, I think it's significantly more powerful than the MP one as I can actually feel it moving on my skin (feeling is quite faint with the MP one)

    So that's a relatively more wallet friendly product that you can get your hands on for deeply cleansed skin. If I get really bothered, I'll get around and try to compare the MP and Olay one probably in a video (life is easier that way...) but who knows!

    So that's all from me this week, and I'll see you next week with more beauty products to share, or I'll take you on one of my many food journeys! See you then! xx
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment