• Sukin Facial Recovery Pack

    Hi guys! It's been another week, so time for another post! 
    There's going to be a range of Priceline posts coming up (some bought, some gotten for free!) - I swear there is something about Priceline...I can never walk out of the store empty-handed! This post is all about Sukin - in particular Rose Hip Oil! It's been crazy amongst bloggers, YouTubers and beauty gurus, so like usual, I'm a bit late into jumping on the bandwagon! Reason is: it's relatively expensive and my wallet keeps opposing! However, I finally got my hands on some!!!
    Untitled
    Sukin Facial Recovery Pack - $15
    P & I went on some post New Years shopping at Bondi Junction in February (late much...) and we just HAD TO walk into Priceline. We walked past the rose hip oils and had to stop, try out the testers and see what all the craze about rose hip was about. We didn't have any intent on buying a bottle - for a number of reasons - neither did we understand what was so good about it. But then we discovered this: XMAS GIFT PACKS! They were on discount ($10-$15) as well as the BUY 3 FOR THE PRICE OF 2 offer from Priceline, so we had to buy something!!! When I got the pack above for $15, and P got a Rose Hip Pack for $10 ONLY!!!

    This pack is really worth it, 4 full size products for only $15! It consists of:
    Untitled
    Certified Organic Rose Hip Oil 25m RRP $19.99
    The Rose Hip Oil is powered by lycopene (a powerful antioxidant) it deeply soothes, softens and hydrates your skin. It's also meant to give you radiant and a healthy looking complexion with regular use.
    Untitled
    It looks and smells as to what you would expect from oil. At first I find it a bit troublesome to get over the smell and texture. However, it does get absorbed into the skin very rapidly, leaving you with very smooth and supple skin. 
    Untitled
    So yellow in colour - darker than olive oil...
    But I'm still having trouble with the texture on my hands after application - I fell obliged to wash my hands afterwards, but constantly convincing myself that it's good for my skin...still trying.
    Untitled
    Antioxidant Eye Serum - RRP $19.99
    I've never used eye serum - always thought it was someone who is a bit older than I am (probably is...) As a first eye serum/cream, I really like it!!! Although it contains rose hip oil, it doesn't have any of the rose hip oil smell!!! 
    Untitled
    Swatch of eye serum
    Very similar to normal lotion texture. Another plus point is that it's very easily absorbed into your skin and your eye area does feel revitalised after using it.
    I didn't really need another moisturiser as I'm still going through my Olay one, but since it comes with the pack, must get and try lah~ I'm not a total fan of the moisturiser for a few reasons:
    Untitled
    Swatch of Sukin Facial Moisturiser 
    #1: As you can see from the swatch, the moisturiser is a lot runnier than other moisturisers I've used....makes me feel it might not do it's job as a moisturiser as well as others. However, it should be a good moisturiser for people with oily skin - not oily and pore-blocking but with all the goodness of wheat germ, jojoba and avocado to sufficiently moisturise your skin.
    #2: The smell is really STRONG!!! On par with the rose hip - different scent but really strong!! After I put on both the rose hip oil and the moisturiser I'm like a walking perfume stick. I walked pass mum and she fully double took on me... The good thing is that...non of these smells are artificial - all from the real ingredients they put into the product!
    Untitled
    Bottle design of the moisturiser
    #3: This was the major problem - the bottle design!!! It has the push-y button thing that normally shampoo bottles have...but for somewhat reason, when you close the bottle there is always residue product that squeezes through when you close....also, it may squirt in your face when you close the bottle (guess how I found that out...) A lot better if they change their design to a squeezy bottle or just bottle lid style.

    EDIT: It seems like they have changed their design to a pump style (much better) since they produced my batch...
    Untitled
    Sukin Revitalising Facial Scrub RRP $9.99
    I rarely try different brands of scrubs because they mostly disappoint me...for various reasons which I don't wanna talk about. For years, I've abided by St Ive's Apricot scrub and occasionally a Biore one, but Sukin is a new name to add to my very short list!
    Untitled
    Facial Scrub swatch
    Just look at those exfoliating bits! Sukin uses bamboo extract and ground walnut shells (something NEW!) to cleanse and polish to give you brilliant skin! This product too has a strong smell, especially for a cleanser/scrub. But it's okay, there's no smell after you wash it off!

    So this marks the end of the first of many Priceline shopping trip journeys! Many more to come, trust me! I'll see you later this week/next week! I'm trying to figure out a blogging schedule where I won't abandon this blog around my busy-to-be life! xx
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment