• Day Trip to Blue Mountains | Yii Travels

    Untitled
    Long time no see guys~ Haven't blogged in like...two weeks. Sorry about that - life just got in the way...last week I was practically working full-time...my rosters really tried hard to kill me. But I think I'm finally to get a breather - like a week before full-time uni starts to kick in. Despite not being #throwbackthursday, I'm going to go back to a while ago (i.e. January, I think). I know I said no more travels, but everything else takes a lot more effort to take/choose/pick photos...also I'm still very noob at all the Apple software lahh....

    Well P and my family decided to be healthy (rarely ever happens...) and do some bushwalking around the Blue Mountains. We originally had plans to use the Family Funday tickets ($2.50 per person)....but then, guess what Sydney Trains gives us.....TRACKWORK...grrrr... So then...my 'lo dou' very so kindly offered to drive us there!

    After checking Explore Blue Mountains website numerous times over the week, we were still clueless of how the sightseeing system mixes in with the bushwalking pass. So regardless, we decided to get to Scenic World (where tickets are sold) in time for the early-bird tickets (before 9AM) for the sightseeing transports (e.g. the cable car, zigzag railway etc.) just in case. We ended up getting there REALLY early...8:30-ish so the office for the ticket buying wasn't even open yet....really eager to get there!

    So whilst we were waiting/being lost, we found that you could actually bushwalk down to the bottom of the track and take either the zig zag railway or the cable car back up. Since the cable car wasn't open yet AND the fact that walking downhill is easier than uphill, we chose to walk down. The entry to the walk is really sneaky - if you are looking at the Scenic World entrance, the entry - which are just stairs - should just be to the left of it, so keep your eyes OPENED!!!
    Untitled
    No one knew they were wearing couple wear till this photo!!! I guess this is what happens after 20 years of marriage lahh...
    The walk is pretty nicely fenced up - rusty in some parts but okay for most of it. They also have specially fenced up lookouts for you to take touristy shots - but we realised that you end up getting just different angles of the 3 sisters....fell for that 3 times....The weather was really nice that day - warm and sunny. 
    Untitled
    J being a tourist @ the lookout - idek why there's a picture of her doing this...
    There's this waterfall at the Blue Mountains that I've never seen - you only occasionally get to hear the sound of it if you're walking on the broadwalk....so I was happily looking forward to it despite the steep stairs and slopes. So as we headed towards that...we we found this - a mini waterfall!
    Untitled
    Pretty mini-mini waterfall...more like water trickling down some rocks. Looks better in real life lah - so go see it for yourself people!
    Untitled
    Must make use of the people travelling with me to take photos!
    Untitled
    This view is so pretty! And it's a pretty good shot from me lah!!! But there were parts that were muddy and puddles from the rain the day before, so we had to be careful (but there were still a few splashes...)
    Untitled
    And this was the highly anticipated waterfall!!! I know, compared to all the great waterfalls you see in pictures and National Geographic documentaries, this one is pretty anti-climatic. But for a nature-noob like me, it's pretty good! Apparently there used to be a lot more water, but now it's pretty much disintegrated.....
    Untitled
    The view from the waterfall....they've fenced off quite a bit of it in the past due to the water spray and everything...but now it's so dry... T^T gimme my waterfall!!!!

    Following are more shots from the waterfall lookout -
    Untitled
    pretty~~~
    Untitled
    Jellybao's failed jump photo - only one i have lahh
    Untitled
    A PSJ selca - this is one of the okay-ish ones...it's awfully hard to selca with a DSLR...or maybe i'm just fail (it's so heavy and hard to find the right angle!! Someone teach me the ways of selca with DSLRs)
    Untitled
    J found a walking stick - I don't know why she's so happy with it....
    Untitled
    Sister photo! Credits to P (I think...)

    Untitled
    Being peaceful at the waterfall...must meditate!
    Untitled
    Meditation epic FAIL!!! What are we doing even?
    Untitled
    As the day went past,  the view of the Three Sisters are getting better (?) Clearer skies as the day goes on I guess...less of that eucalyptus fog
    Untitled
    J and a piece of coal....she looked so happy with it...I remember P and I laughing my head off at her...we had no idea why she was so happy with the coal - holding it like it's gold!
    As you approach the bottom of the mountain to catch either the cable car or the zig zag railway back to the top of Scenic World, they have a little "outdoor museum" kind of the thing that talks about the old days and coal mining...

    Untitled
    View of the cable car path...waiting for the cable car to come down....
    By walking down and catching one of the two transport back up - you can save money AND do some more exercise. They won't let you do it vice versa - if you are to catch the cable car/railway down, they make you pay for the whole package (which is like $35 pp). By catching it one way, it's only $14....I think it's more worth it this way because the package includes things that are meant to be free..the package consists of cable car, zig zag railway, another cable car that links to the 3 sisters and entry to the broadwalk at the forest floor...However, you can easily get to the broadwalk if you're walking down past the entry for cable car. SAVE SOME MOOLAH!!!

    Untitled
    You can see the Three Sisters in the bg....my fat head blocked one of them out....It's hard taking selca with DSLR already...and it was windy....
    After we finished the cable car ride back up to Scenic World - it's like a 5 minute drive to Echo Point/Three Sisters. You can try walking...but apparently takes 15-20 minutes...and it's residential streets, so easy to get lost lah...
    Untitled
    Best view of the Three Sisters. From Echo Point. So if you're just there to take a photo proving that you've been to the Blue Mountains, just go to Echo Point - easier to access
    Untitled
    Then we headed for the walk that leads to the gap between the mountains and the first(most left) sister of the three. If you look closely at the picture of the three sisters, you'll see a bridge and people walking so that's where this walk leads you to...there's only one path and lots of people take it so just follow the crowd. HOWEVER, this walk is relatively steep....lots of vertical steps. I didn't take any photos of the walk because the walk itself was physically taxing enough and I didn't want to lose my camera/lens lid/myself as I tried to take photos and hike down those scary steps. You can also keep walking down once you get to the bridge...but I was too tired...and for the sake of my livelihood, I opted out and walked back and headed for lunch!

    Well this marks the end of my healthy walking entry...I do try to do walks more often now(went on a Bondi to Coogee walk recently but no photos so no entry lah...) I'm off to bed now...I have a picnic to go to tomorrow~ Sorry about the long post la...

    Have fun and stay safe,
    Yii ^^
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment