• Hurstville Chinese New Year Street Festival

    DSC_0369
    Hi guys! With Chinese New Year just past - or still going for some of us, I think if I don't put this post up, it'll never go up (and all the Flickr space that the pictures have taken up will go to waste...) So this happened mid-January, a couple weeks before the actual CNY. Our family friend worked for a company that had a stall there, so we went to pay her a visit and just to join in with the crowd...
    DSC_0368
    Such a sunny day...so hot! Trying hard to stay in the shade..but still!
    How did the crowds survive under the sun??!!
    DSC_0370
    Run kid run!!! GET ALL THE FREEBIES!
    DSC_0374
    So crowded...and most of the stores didn't even sell stuff...like what?!
    DSC_0388
    See the crowd??? Where do these people even come from?!!
    And seriously...it was crowds alright! And pretty dangerous crowds with their shopping trolleys....nearly got rolled over so many times - had to put to use my 610 skills.
    DSC_0378
    See the truck with the penguin on it?? Favourite store of the day!!! What does it sell??!!
    DSC_0380
    MINIMELTS!!!! They're like little balls of flavoured 'ice-cream'...not sure if it actually is or not. Anyhow, I'd been wanting to try them since 2008 when I saw it on SHINee Hello Baby....and I got to try it for the first time at Everland (in Korea). It was freezing - eating ice in the middle of winter - it's a foreigner thing! Never expected it to be in Australia though. The store owner told me that they only newly entered the market...and that's probably why it's so expensive - $4.50 for that cup.... But I checked on their website - and it seems like quite a few stores do stock Minimelts...
    NB I also must clarify that these Minimelts are different, despite having the same name, to what is sold in Korea. These are MADE IN AUSTRALIA by Mini Melts Australia.
    DSC_0382
    A pretty sad farm if you ask me...not even enough hay for the animals to play/eat...
    DSC_0384
    trying to be artistic - the caged rooster....
    DSC_0386
    Can't believe people actually still play these games....
    I walked further up Forest Rd as my mum and sister decided to line up to the gigantic pork roll line at Kings Hot Bread for chicken rolls for lunch. Not much up there -  a small farm and a teapot game for the kids. Also face painting. Not that interesting.
    DSC_0373
    St. George Bank had this dragon person and balloons to attract people. But I don't get it...it's not like I will go there and be really amazed by the dragon and balloons and decide to invest my billion dollars of cash/monopoly money into St. George.....

    Anyway, that's about all the street festival had to offer. The stores weren't particularly interesting - even less interesting that the Friday Night Markets in Chinatown....maybe it's just me because I'm naturally inclined towards food. Not sure if I'll go next year (probably will if my family friend is still there lah..)

    Byeeeee~ ^_^
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment