• Birthday Trip to Everland! | Yii Travels

    Hi there! It's me again with my stories about my post-HSC trip! This post is waayy late because Flickr has been a real monster and won't let me upload...(anyone else have that problem?) Anyway, this trip covers Everland day, which also happened to be P's birthday! (Happy Birthday!! ^^) Before our trip, we had plans to spend her birthday at HK Ocean Park - mainly because she gets free entry, but plans were disrupted by the Korea trip. However, plans to celebrate her birthday at an amusement park still went though!

    We thought it would be whole day at Everland...but then again, when you're in a tour where the average age of the group is over 35...why would you be spending a whole day at Everland??!! So we headed towards a cultural event first before Everland...used up more than half our day.

    First off was a traditional Korean dress-up a.k.a hanbok. P and I wanted to dress up as kings...but that didn't happen, so back to being a girl~
    DSC_0931
    Firstly, a normal shot. IDK why they shove their hands there - it's not a pocket or anything...just a hole
    DSC_0932
    But whatever...peace sign must come out!
    DSC_0950
    Selfie to accompany all the photos~ I picked a pink hanbok so that my pink sweater/jumper would blend in!! Do I look Korean??!! Nahh.....most un-Korean person ever.
    003
    A more "professional" photo - taken by the tour photographer..not the best photography imo; I had the better DSLR.
    002
    Part 2 of the Korean cultural experience was none other than the kimchi experience! There we were taught how to make kimchi along with the hardcore sale promotion of the kimchi school's kimchi - really expensive and really spicy!! But then again, no tour is complete without some "tour shopping"! I don't have any photos of me actually making kimchi, so the only one is with the finished product! From my memory now, making kimchi isn't that exciting, but squid kimchi tastes really good! Also, excuse my bad hair...this is what happens when you sleep on the tour bus and then wake up when the tour guide wakes you up....
    001 
    FINALLY!! Here is Everland! I practically have zero photos because I didn't have the luxury of a camera man to take photos of me when I go on the rides - I gave my whole bag to my mum, who went to settle at a coffee shop. Ticket in one pocket (very important in Everland), money and map in the other - AND off we go!!!!
    DSC02226
    Photo at some European Music Wonderland thing...The T-Express is in the back right if you see...and THAT RIDE IS SO FUN!! I managed to convince/peer pressure P into going on the ride too! Achievement unlocked!
    DSC02231
    They have a Madagascar section too! Sadly the show wasn't on when we went past - no time to stop and wait, keep on going!!!
    DSC02234
    Another giraffe!!! They had this safari ride, where there are no windows and the giraffes can stick their head in and the bus guide will feed it leaves!! It was AMAZING!! Love for giraffes is growing and growing!
    DSC02239
    Highlight of the trip!!! T-Express! This was taken in one of those photo spots (with the foot prints on the floor telling you where to stand and everything)! Such a touristy shot, but might as well make something of the 20-25 minute queue up for the ride! Don't worry, the approximately 6 minute ride is well worth it~

    Due to the lack of photos for this posts, this marks the end of my post lahh...See you later~
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment