• Last memories of Koreaa~ | Yii Travels

    Hello mah friends! This is my final Korea post. Why? I went for 5 days, but only 4 posts?! Because there was a day of shopping around Myeongdong and Ehwa Women's Univ....and when there's shopping, no need for photos! So Day 4 is totally omitted - I will fill in a haul posts (maybe even a video?!) later on.
    DSC02321
    This was our last day....and we were off to a day of hardcore bus riding, dutyfree shopping and sightseeing! This was us waiting for the bus - make use of all the free Wi-Fi! However!!! I must say hotel Wi-Fi at the Korean hotels is rather laggy and weak (drops out quite often). Maybe it's just the hotels I was in lahh....
    DSC02322
    First stop was an indoor snow field - where we were meant to go tobogganing....but it didn't look that good so we opted out and went for Tom 'n' Tom's instead. That is us at the entry of the shopping centre where the snow field is located. I have no idea who those bikini ladies are though...probably some new K-POP stars.
    Sorry but no indoor photos - not really worth the space - but I did have a good time watching some little kids ski down this slope...they were so cute! They had this instructor who practically gave them their lesson in army style - lots of shouting and ATTEN...TION!!!

    Second stop was Korean specialty shopping...some sort of berry/nut thing (the proper name is hovenia dulcis) that's meant to clear all the toxins outta your body, especially your liver. Tour guide was like that's why Koreans are so healthy despite drinking hard liquor i.e. soju all the time. They gave out samples of this tablet - to everyone because it wasn't exactly a drug...more like a health supplement. I took it and felt sick instantly...maybe it's just me. Now that I read more about it, it kind of sounds like a supplement for people in their 40s and upwards.....not for the under 20s! There are no photos, because all the govt. owned shops that sell this berry thing and ginseng are NOT to be photographed...under ANY circumstances.
    DSC_1002
    Third stop was Namsangol Hanok Village! According to Korea Tourism Organisation, the Hanok Village replicates the lifestyle of Joseon era in Korea. Didn't stay there for very long - mainly went there to see the Namsan Tower, now known as N Seoul Tower (background of the photo)
    DSC_1003
    Some really pretty scenery! It really has the feeling you went back to the past~
    DSC_1021
    A nice mixture of the past and present~
    DSC02346
    I have to be somewhere in this post!!! ^^
    DSC_1022
    The rooms are all display only, which I think helps preserve the whole historic feeling...and it makes life easier for the people who work there - no need to clean here and there all day. I don't know if it's just me but when I look at this stuff I get this really tranquil sort of feeling.

    Well, this marks the end of photos as well as my post. All that was left of my trip was this last minute duty free shopping, where it's a huge rip-off....seaweed was like 10 bucks for a normal sized packet. We saw a larger packet at GS25 (Korean 7-11) for under $6...such a rip. And a lot of the snacks they sold there, such as the chocolate covered sunflower seeds were at Aussie price!!! Outrageous!!!!!!!! 
    So I left there empty-handed and headed to my flight back to HK! I had a full day schedule packed in for the next day, which shall be featured in my next post!

    BTW, Korean Air flies A380s to HK, and they are really spacious...even in the cheapo economy seats! ^^ 

    With love, 
    Ah Yii
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment