• OFF TO KOREA~~~ | Yii Travels

    Hi guise! Time to continue my travels~ Here's the main bit!! My 5-day Korea trip with mahh good friend, P - someone who can stand seeing me for practically 90% of 2013!! ^_^

    Between HK and Korea, there was a couple days in between where I had to do some paperwork and visit some more people...but that's not important la~
    DSC_0628 We took a midnight flight from HK International Airport so we got to Korea's Incheon Airport really early....but in a way it was a good thing, because we went on a tour, and we needed to ensure that we got max "explore Korea" time as possible (to get our $$ worth)
    DSC_0632 Since it was near Xmas, the airport had a few decorations placed here and there..so we went to take pictures with them as we waited for the tour bus to arrive at the airport to pick us up. Although being in the sub-zero temperatures, it wasn't that cold....I thought I would've died from hypothermia in Korea's temperatures back in HK, but I survived quite well with my non-waterproof, non-parka jacket....

    Although Incheon is only a 45 minute express subway ride away from Seoul, we were headed for Yongpyong - the host place for 2018 Winter Olympics - instead.
    DSC_0637
    DSC_0638 Yongpyong is a 3 hr bus ride from Incheon Airport, so we stopped halfway for lunch la....first authentic Korean meal of the trip! From my failing memory, this is some pork hotpot...they all look them same to me la~ Lots of banchan!!
    DSC_0642
    DSC_0646 
    We were staying at Yong Pyong Resort - which is practically upstairs from the ski resort so uber convenient for people wanting to ski!!!

    DSC_0655 
    This was our room! Sleeping on the floor - true Korean style. I actually like it a lot as it saves so much room - no need to make a room...sleep anywhere, anytime! Also, the floor is heated so don't need to have those ancient Chinese worries about back problems from sleeping on the floor!!! The floor became too hot for me...so I had to add like a billion blankets under me to avoid the heat going through and drying me into a 鹹魚(salted fish)
    DSC_0641 Our balcony - so much snow already!!!
    DSC_0658 Now time to explore the rest of the resort! Just P and I because everyone else went to explore the hot spring....which was a strip it all off one...which I was too chicken to....because I would have to face all the tour group people for the following 5 days and that was too awks for me....

    So we decided to see the ski field! This is one of the billion places Running Man has filmed at - such an avid audience member...that's how I learn places...by seeing them on TV! Although the tour guide told us on the bus that there had only been one snow fall by the time we got there, the snow was still really pretty la~DSC_0659
    Beautiful day!! Only a few skiiers though...
    DSC_0662
    One of the less steep slopes...looks so scary already la
    DSC_0663
    P taking a selca?  They had Baskin Robbins, but I didn't get to try..stupid cold weather
    DSC_0664
    More snow - some of them are made from those snow making machines, sadly. 
    DSC_0668
    King of the jungle!!
    DSC_0676
    Really pretty creek~ some of it was frozen...but still really pretty! ^_^

    We had dinner at one of the restaurants in the resort, but no photos. After dinner, was free time so we decided to wander around instead of staying in the room and watching Korean shows (without the eng subs...) And we came across this:
    DSC_0680
    KDrama fans!!! Do you remember a drama called Winter's Sonata back in the waayyy back?? Well that (or at least parts of that) was filmed here at Yong Pyong! So they've kept a cafe here for their fans (or just normal people who have no idea who or what this is)...Scary experience actually, because the lights were on, and the door was open, but it was totally empty...but we just went in regardless...I swear if they check CCTV, we'd look like a bunch of 4 thieves who snuck in but only took pictures with really bright flash...hahahaha ^^
    DSC_0683
    We got really surprised by those heads on the shelf there....it was a lot darker than this - this is the result with my powerful flash.... To me (who didn't watch the drama...looks like a cafeteria more than a coffee shop...)
    DSC_0685
    An old wooden piano - I have no idea about it's significance, but Winter Sonata fans, does this evoke some fangirling??
    DSC_0691
    We came out the back door, and I was like WTF!! We got lost?? And now we have to go through the whole thing again??!!

    And that ended our day...Oh! we did a little shopping at a Face Shop shop at Yong Pyong - a lot cheaper than Sydney but more expensive than Dongdaemun - so save it for later girls~ Day 2 in Korea will come tomorrow~~~

    Byyeeeeee!!!! ^^
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment