• Hong Kong Journey continues | Yii Travels

    Hi guise!! I know I said that I would do this post a couple days ago..but there were some problems..... So I'm posting this now!!

    DAY 11 - Ocean Park time!!!~
    DSC_0294
    Ocean Park! A must-visit for all my HK trips - I actually have no idea why....I wasn't even meant to go this time...I intended to go Macau that day, but then decided last minute to go Ocean Park instead - which turned out to be a good decision since they had a boat crash that day....
    DSC_0304
    DSC_0314 Ocean Park hasn't changed over the years at all - from my memory at least...The only change is that there are a lot more people, so queues are a lot longer...and for some reason all the employees speak mando to you if you look Chinese (what happened to all the Canto....)
    DSC_0307
    Saw a lot of really cute kids that day....well a lot of school kids in general (from K-12 practically) So I couldn't resist taking a picture of them la....only little kids don't mind...the older kids looked like they were going to murder me when I tried to take a photo.
    DSC_0319
    Ocean Park is really proud of their pandas - especially the new born ones, so they had this really cool VW!! I want one - but I don't think they will sell it to me; even if they do, it'll be expensive la....

    As I was the only one there who would go on any of the rides, it's kind of boring being a loner....I did go on a few rides though - a roller coaster, the elevator drop thing & a pirate boat I think....So this trip was a very touristy, photo taking one.

    First stop - the penguins!
    DSC_0321 Ocean Park has a big thing about penguins...maybe because they're "special"...I don't see how...but anyway, they're so cute!
    DSC_0324
    DSC_0349
    What is a blog post without my face!!! These penguins was a decorations for their penguin restaurant - which is a big rip btw...eat maccas when you're there (cheapest thing there) I got stared down my the restaurant person but whatever...I'm a tourist!!!

    Second stop - sea lions and walruses
    They were right next to the penguins....so might as well la!!!
    DSC_0372
    Come at me bro!!!
    DSC_0366
    Testing out the abilities of my new DSLR baby~~
    DSC_0333
    ARGHHHH!! Do we look alike??!! Me being all childish again la....even got wth stares from kids.....
    DSC_0382
    This thing scared the crap out of me....like what is this man??!!!
    DSC_0389
    I really wanted to go on this...I remember it was really fun last time...but it was cold and I didn't have a 2nd change of clothes...and the ponchos were too much of a rip...so much regret....someone take me back!!!
    DSC_0392
    Another scenery shot from that 360 degree sight-seeing thing...The 2 sticks is called the Abyss a.k.a. the "jump off a building" machine..really fun!!!
    DSC_0407
    I really like this photo la!!! Has all the brilliance of Ocean Park all in one shot - roller coaster & side stalls!!! Wasted 50HKD there.....only because there was a really cute pink octopus plushie~ ^_^

    Stop Three - Yii's Garden
    When did I get my very own garden in Ocean Park?? Since now!
    DSC_0415
    I know it says Garden of Joy, but in Chinese (that's what matters) the first character is my name - yii. And since I'm a weirdo, my Chinese name only has one character other than my last name so I can proudly claim that it belongs to me~~~
    DSC_0419
    Look at that peacefulness man....just need to ignore the ugly grey sky of HK... my photo taking skills are obviously improving!! hehehehehe~

    There's a chunk of photos that a non-existant from that day, because that's the time I went to play on the rides...and my camera was sadly sitting in my bag with my mum......SO....FAST FORWARD TO GO HOME TIME!!!

    Home time!!! 
    We were really tired so there was no way that we'd walk up the mountain to reach the exit...why only one exit??!! So then we went towards the cable car...since you pay for everything at entrance, why not go on everything??!!
    But we were greeted by this sight....
    DSC_0436
    What is this!!! I was already dead tired and really annoyed from being cut in line....so this sight was definitely not welcomed...The impatient me really hated the 25 minute wait, but I had an interesting time listening to a bunch of HK young people - 港孩 who were hard-core swearing and talking about everyone around them....but to their surprise...I could understand canto...so they all WTF-ed when I turned around to tell them to shut up....hehehehe ^_^
    DSC_0437
    Finally...the cable cars!! This shot was hard to get, since there were so many people la~

    The XXth stop - Old HK street
    HAHAHA I lied...I thought I was going back home to...but Ocean Park has this new addition at the top of the cable car mountain, where they've renovated it to look like an old-style HK street - like the ones you see in those between ancient and modern time dramas...
    DSC_0444
    Kee Wah Bakery...sells normal stuff but hiked up price ==" Where else to rip you off la~
    DSC_0448
    I think HK is really into miniatures of things now...so here's a miniature of a street food stall - very common and very delicious~
    DSC_0455
    Bird cages.
    Apparently they were very common in grandparents time...especially at yumcha places. People would bring their bird with them.
    DSC_0464
    Pretty good money making chance here - the rice bag looks cute~
    and the octopus I wanted is the pink one in the bg...
    But these games are too rip la...
    DSC_0466
    more games...the mushroom and the steam basket is pretty cute too~
    DSC_0472
    鹹魚 - dried and salted fish
    A Chinese commoner food...an acquired taste as well...

    The XX+1th stop - Crocs, pandas and goldfish
    I have no idea why these three are put is a close area - up near the top of the mountain, near the exit
    DSC_0481
    This croc was really still...spent ages to figure out if they were real - cos I swear there were a couple that were fake.... But this one is real lah!!~
    DSC_0484
    But this one scared the crap out of me....more like cos it was in the dark....can't tell because I turned my flash one...get scared by this one all the time lahh....

    Time for the pandas....they were very "no give face" (唔俾面)that day...They always stuck their butts for the camera...and there were only 2 pandas...the babies weren't there....sigh
    DSC_0491
    DSC_0494

    I actually don't have picture of the fishies...because they move too fast, but the decoration where they were kept was pretty nice~
    DSC_0505
    DSC_0506
    DSC_0507

    Last stop before going home - SOUVENIR SHOP!!
    You have to go there...even if you don't buy anything like me...just to take photos and look at pretty stuff~
    DSC_0510
    DSC_0511
    DSC_0339
    Everything there is really cute...but really expensive - I think so anyway...I bought a key chain charm 4 years ago..and they still sell it..and it's more expensive!!!

    And this draws the close to my day at Ocean Park...long post I know...but I really didn't want to split up to so many posts la....getting tired of it....
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment