• Cafe Birkenhead | Yii Eats

    Hi guise! Sorry I've been a tad inactive as I've been doing some last minute shopping and packing (since I'm leaving soon...)

    On my day of formal shopping, I went to Birkenhead Point to find a nice (and hopefully cheap) dress. After all the shopping was done, Mum and I went to Cafe Birkenhead - part of the additions in the new renovations.

    I don't have a picture of it, but this place has a genuinely amazing view! Since I can't wow you guys with the view, I'm gonna go to the food!

    20131106_123906
    Starving after walking around so much, I ordered a massive Wagyu Burger ($19.95) - which came with a side of hot chips! I had no idea this burger would be this massive...it wasn't possible to take a bite in it. Cutting through this burger was a really tough task - fail knives....I was really looking for to the wagyu - but it was disappointingly overcooked....so it became tough - hard to both chew and cut. But the chips were amazingly done! Crisp on the outside and fluffy/hollow on the inside~ so good...craving for some whilst I'm writing this post up! The tomato sauce was pretty good too, but I don't eat chips with sauce. Since the burger was so big, I struggled really hard to finish the burger...but still failed miserably.

    20131106_123916
    Mum said she wanted something lighter so she opted for a Salmon Panini on Turkish bread ($15.95), which came with a side of salad. She found it pretty good, but some bits were on the salty side due to the smoked salmon. I really liked the capsicum in it too! Mum also found it hard devour it all!

    20131106_122309
    To finish off the meal, Mum got a Cappuccino ($3.50). This was the most disappointing part of the meal. Although it was piping hot, the coffee was very weak and water-like...Good coffee is hard to find these days...

    For under $40, this was a good and extremely filling meal! Probably will eat here next time I time I visit Birkenhead! BTW, I really like the new renovations - you guys should visit it for yourselves~ As it's newly opened, I think we should give them some time to let the staff and kitchen to get used to running the restaurant and other procedures.

    Check out their website here!

    Cafe Birkenhead on Urbanspoon
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment