• #138: Mother Han's Instant Porridge & Japchae

    Hi guise! I'm back to blogging today! Sorry for the long delays in between each post...I love you guys who drive who reads my blog - The stats makes me feel so nice and warm (heehee..^_^)
    Anyways, I'm blogging about instant food today! Instant food is my lifesaver, whether it's a lazy brunch, an afternoon snack or midnight eating...I'm pretty sure this applies to many of us. Ramyun is the staple instant food, but now there's porridge and japchae!! Woohoo!
    Untitled Mother Han has a series of instant porridge and japchae that are delicious and easy to make (since it's instant) I was given  the series to try out, and there are:
    • crab stick porridge
    • vegetable porridge
    • beef porridge
    • japchae
    • kimchi japchae
    So far I've tried the japchae and the crab stick porridge and can only comment on those right now.
    Untitled
    It looks pretty healthy by the looks of it - no cooking needed and no preservative inside - ticks all the boxes that needs ticking for instant food.
    Untitled
    Inside in each of the porridge cups, there are two "rice cakes". All you need to do is add a tad of water, significantly less compared to what you add to ramyun. Leave for 30 seconds then stab around to dissolve the cakes and wait 3 more minutes. The extra step may seem troublesome, but let me tell you, it's worth our trouble. 
    Untitled
    And this is the finished product. Tadaa~ I know it doesn't too appealing, but it tastes good.
    Untitled
    It actually dissolves into actual rice, which is pretty good for instant food. I added a bit too much water at first (because I obviously didn't read the instructions... ain't nobody got time for that!)
    Overall the taste is pretty good, but it may be pretty bland for some people.
    Untitled
    And this is the japchae cup. The photo looks really appetizing right?? It looks just as good in real life too! 
    Untitled
    Inside that cup there is a packet of clear noodles - note the plastic bag and don't just blindly add water....(guess who learnt the hard way). There's also a dried "cake" of vegetables, flavouring etc. similar to the porridge cake. Didn't get a chance to photo because I put the water too fast.
    Untitled
    And three minutes of long waiting...does anyone else think that the 3 minutes of waiting for ramyun and microwave food the longest time of your life? Or is that just me? I haven't mixed it in yet, so you can't see most of the vegetables.
    Untitled
    Tadaa~ Clear, delicious japchae, just like the ones you order at Korean restaurants. Save your money and eat at the pleasure of your home. However, this one tasted a bit bland for me, so I added in some of my own japchae sauce. Try chili sauce as well - Yii approves.

    I'm sorry guise, but I don't have any pricing or where to buy for this product. But I'm going to guess any Korean Mart?? But I've never seen it in a shop myself. When I get other info, if I do get any, I shall update this post.
    Anyway, off to do some Extension 2 Math papers la...12 more days. See you in a week (I think). If not, 12 days. 
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment