• #137: Arnott's Tim Tam Chocolicious Bites

    Hi again! I basically went on a random splurge at Coles...because I was walking through the isles to figure what I wanted to buy but had completely forgotten..still don't know~
    Untitled
    I saw these in the Coles catalogue and wasn't all too keen on buying in them in the first place, but bought them anyway..because I was trying to get to $30 for a fuel voucher...such a cheapo Asian. There's not cheap I warn you - $4 for 187g
    Untitled
    Here's a picture of how the inside is meant to look like - as I don't have a picture of a half eaten one...looked too gross to take a picture of. So basically it's chocolate cream and a Tim Tam biscuit dipped in chocolate. It also comes in Dark Chocolate (couldn't find) and Gooey Caramel (Assumed too sweet for my liking).
    Untitled
    Inside of the bag looks like this, I counted 11 in this pack - equates to 36c each... which is quite expensive considering that a packet of normal Tim Tams were $2.50 and there's 9 in each pack --> 28c each....But I guess if you're on the go and don't want to carry a stick of biscuits with you...
    Untitled
    And...this is how each packet looks like - special reference to the top right corner where it say 2 bites....and yes there are two pieces in each pack.
    Untitled
    TADAAA~....*anticlimax* looks like a mini Tim Tam to me right? It's a bit taller/thicker I think...

    So in regards to taste, I found a bit too sweet, and it lost a bit of the signature Tim Tam texture - two crunchy biscuits with cream wedged in between. Also, I found the cream & biscuit ratio to be a bit off again...the 1:1 ratio made it really sweet....and kind of fudge-like....I'm not a fan of fudge blocks...
    If it had less cream and/or more biscuit, I would love it...
    So overall, I think I might stick to the original sticks of Tim Tams...sorry! More worth for money and more suited to my taste~
    But I'm definitely willing to try the dark chocolate one...*nudge nudge Arnott's ^^*
  • You might also like

    1 comment:

    1. The dark ones are so good way nice than the big ones but the ones u got are average, I won't pat $4 tho bought my pack last week for $2

      ReplyDelete