• #129: Discovery of the Week #3

    Hi guise! I'm back! I really can't be bothered waiting for Fickr to upload my other photos, so I'm just going to do a Discovery post!
    Assuming that everyone is still part of the Korean hype (dramas, music, food etc.) you would've definitely heard of this: patbingsu (i.e. shaved ice, ice cream, red bean, mochi are put together)
    I know that various Korean chain cafes such as My Sweet Memory and Tom and Tom's does patbingsu, but this post is about the "instant" kind

    K and I went to the Korean Mart in Hurstville a while ago (have no idea why though...). It was really hot weather and I wanted ice cream so headed straight for the freezer. They had the usual Watermelon ice cream, Melona etc. but I was captured when I saw this:
    Untitled
    Isn't that just the cutest packaging ever???!!!
    So despite it costing ($4.50), I bought it and I was NOT disappointed! 
    Untitled
    This is the "body" of my penguin~ It's actually really heavy...it felt heavier than a tub of yoghurt... For 400mL of ice cream, ice, red bean and mochi..you decide whether it's worth it or not...I think it is~
    Untitled
    This is the insides!~ And yes, that mountain of ice cream goes THROUGHOUT the whole tub! Although you can't see any mochi inside, there is plenty in there...don't you worry!
    Untitled
    As K was pov that day, she opted for a smaller and less expensive one....I think it was $3.25.
    Untitled
    This is what K's patbingsu looks like...Not the most appetising photo is it?...sorry! ^^
    Whilst she was chipping into the really solid ice, I read the packaging...and apparently you're meant to add milk to it. It allows for a creamier taste, making it like the ice cream and aids the melting of the ice!
    But we didn't have milk on us so we couldn't try *cries*..but K like it a lot as she dislikes dairy with a passion...

    Overall, I like my one a lot better. It's a lot creamier and more packed with goodies...also it's easier to deal with (no need to BYO milk!! HAHAHA) But do note, if you do buy the kawaii patbingsu, maybe get a friend to share with...I was so stuffed and my stomach didn't really thank me for doing so...

    Well that's the discovery of the week la~
    I will see you guise hopefully later in the week! (^_^)
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment