• Bakery Cafe, Lidcombe

    Taking a break from my readings and started clearing through some of my bookmarks and I just realised that there are bunch of sites and blogs that I used to visit religiously. But all of sudden, the last time I visited was August last year...I don't even know what happened. I just stopped clicking in.
    Out of curiosity, I clicked through to a friend's blog and saw that they still update practically everyday #schedulinggoals which gave me motivation to actually bring back some sort schedule into my postings. I don't think I'll ever get to her level of posting every night - she's the god of staying on top of everything😂

    Enough of the mini-rant - time to get to business and take a #throwback to November last year!
    It was the end of the year at uni and to celebrate the end of exams, P, JB & I trekked out to Strathfield after seeing a bunch of people visit a Korean dumpling place called The Mandoo. However, the Mandoo is for another day (memories of expensive dumplings...). After dumplings, we decided to hop onto a train to Lidcombe for dessert!

    Although Strathfield is like Koreatown #2 (after Eastwood), there aren't that many shaved ice places (we discovered this on one of the late night dessert runs). Lidcombe is a pretty decent Koreatown - I actually think it offers better Korean food than Strathfield. My IG at the time was being flooded with pictures of a super fluffy looking bowl of bingsoo.

    After walking around the wrong side of the station and completely walking past the cafe itself, we found it! Totally not obvious as there isn't much signage referring to their heavenly bingsoo.
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Look at the bingsoo in all it's glory! Snow-like shaved ice doused in condensed milk and bean powder. Sprinkles of almond flakes and mochi cubes plus a blob of red bean! The shaved ice comes with a small pot of condensed milk for your to pour over (cue those 'hand-pour' instagram shots)
    This bingsoo is like no other - it melts in your mouth without it feeling like you're sucking on an ice-cube.

    Definitely worth a try! Photo-wise I think this one looks most like the one you have in Korea!

    Cael Bakery Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment