• Adriano Zumbo

    With the photo-editing software on flickr in repair, I'm making the most of my ipad and doing all my photo edits there and it appears to make me more on top of posting for my blog (or I hope so)

    Here's a recollection of a small selection of cakes that I've tried from Zumbo - I've only made purchases from their stores at the QVB and the Star. Some of these cakes were devoured a long time ago...so my memory is slightly rusty

    Untitled
    Dr Apple and Nurse Pear
    This one caught my eye as it stood tall with all its lopsided rings. The cake itself was smooth with occasional bites of apple and pear - slightly tart. The white chocolate rings just weren't for me - gladly let the rest of family share them as I devoured the cake itself.

    Untitled
    Lemon Meringue
    Lemon Meringue is amongst one of the first dessert I will get every time I visit a new place! Sorry for the bad photo - the cake box suffered a bit of a battering on my way back and things slid around quite a bit.
    Aesthetics aside, the lemon tart was amazing - super sour, which is my favourite! Disappointment did come from the meringue though...it was kind of runny (especially towards the centre), and I had to pick it off the tart in the end sadly. I think it could also have been torched a bit more to give it less of that mushy texture.

    Untitled
    Hazelnut Forest
    This turned out to my favourite of them all! Tasted like a Ferrero Rocher x Kinder Bueno - which is AMAZING!!! The cake was smooth and creamy but also had a bite to it from the hazelnut crunch inside.

    Untitled
    V8 Salted Caramel
    This is probably the one with the most hype attached to it, but it was the one that I least anticipated. To be honest, I only got it as it was the iconic "Zumbo" cake. For me, the cake was overpoweringly sweet and in some parts, bitter (I think the caramel was slightly burnt). Rest of the family liked it, but I don't think I will give it a second try. They also have a white chocolate one I think...but not a fan either.

    Untitled
    Choc-a-bloc
    Not to much I remember from this cake other than the fact it would be quite interesting to eat it as a massive lollipop. I remember that it was a good chocolate cake, but nothing too special.

    Untitled
    Witch, please
    I only got this one for the looks - I really wasn't anticipating that would taste amazing and there were no surprises there. Pumpkin spice isn't a bad flavour, but I'm not a big fan. Also, the decorations on the cake wasn't good either - was looking forward to a crunchy cone, but it was soft as fondant...
    TBH, it looked a lot better on Zumbo's Facebook...but that's expected

    Untitled
    Yuzu Say Cheese!
    This was my second favourite - it looked so cute and was super tasty! I would have like a stronger yuzu taste, but the cake as a whole was very palatable. Thumbs up!

    Untitled
    Gringos Tart
    I was deciding between this and the passionfruit tart, but chose this one in the end because of the churros bit sticking on top (serious cravings from churros right now). I'm not normally a fan of chocolate x orange, but this one balanced out really well. The flavour wasn't overpowering and tasted more like a gingerbread man in tart form. 

    Overall, Zumbo is worth the try I think, especially because he releases quite a few limited edition and new items every now and again!

    Adriano Zumbo Patisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Adriano Zumbo Patisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato     
  • You might also like

    2 comments: