• PappaRich, Broadway | Yii Eats

    Untitled
    Hello, hello, hello! I've been MIA (like usual) as I've used all my brain and body power to finish my final assignment and write notes for 2/3 units so I'm going to take a break. 

    Following emilyy's trip to Papparich, I decided to go try the place out with mother-bear. We decided to head out early to the Flemington markets and then head straight to PappaRich, Broadway for a brunch.

    I have no photos of the Flemington Markets (too busy being an auntie), so let's jump right in!
    Untitled 
    Walking in at 11:45AM, it was rather empty - couple tables here and there. Seated in a booth, I took this shot of the restaurant (more like one empty table...now that I look at the picture). It's not as big as the exterior looks, as quite a bit of the space is used as a corridor to the bathroom....

    Although their menu provides a lot of combinations (e.g. rice with chicken, rice with beef, rice with curry etc. etc.), these combinations overlap with each other quite a bit, so you can't really say the menu is big (they've just listed out more or less all the permutations and combinations...sorry for bringing up the horrible topic of P&Cs)

    Untitled 
    In the end we ordered two plates to share. The first is the must-order at a Malaysian restaurant, Chicken Rice. Our Malaysian family friend always says, "if they can't do chicken rice right, don't bother with anything else". Papparich's chicken rice wasn't bad, but it wasn't WOW! THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!. The rice was WAYYY to salty (even for the salt monster, me). The bean sprouts fixed it up a bit (one bite of rice, one bite of bean sprouts....). 
    Then onto the chicken. Whilst the flavour was spot on (not salty, not bland), the texture was a bit 'mushy'(?). Mum says it's because we've been eating free range chickens a lot recently, so we're more used the 'chewier' texture.

    Untitled
    Not wishing to both get rice dishes (and also because we had noodles in the morning), we opted for the Roti Telur with Curry Chicken. I wanted to go for Canai with Beef Rendang, but mum was doesn't really like beef, so curry chicken it was! Along with the curry, it's also served with Dhal and sambal - both of which go really well with the roti. The chicken was cooked really well - just as I like it. Being all about big flavours, I preferred the Roti more than the Chicken rice.
    Untitled
    Carrying on from emilyy's recommendations, I ordered the Open Sesame drink - which is sesame ice cream with an iced sesame drink. Although it looks like a lot of sesame, the flavour isn't actually that strong. But it is REALLY cold - like brain freeze cold. But since it was a hot day, and I was so drained from driving in the sun, it was all good! All good!

    I don't have the receipt anymore, and it's not on their website, so I don't have the prices for the meal - but it's not expensive: povo uni student can afford it alright!

    PappaRich on Urbanspoon

    That's all from me today! I've got another food post coming up soon - hopefully before the end of next week.

    See you then! ^^
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment