• #144: Face Shop's Real Nature Red Ginseng Face Mask

    Hi guise! Post 2 of the day! As I'm fixing my skin from all the crap it's been through during the HSC period in time for formal, I've been going through paper masks pretty quickly. Paper masks are usually white with clear serum, so I was pretty shocked when I saw this one!
    Untitled
    The Real Nature series is sold for around $3 per mask at The Face Shop I think...at least in Australia it is. They have a large range of masks, most of them being the usual aloe, mung bean, pomegranate etc. However, this red ginseng one is what I think can be considered SPECIAL. Most of you know that Korea is famous for ginseng and the benefits of it for both your skin and your insides (if you intake it that is...)
    Untitled
    It seems like The Face Shop takes high care in making their paper masks, with the ginseng one with contains extracts of 6-year-old Korean red ginseng. I did a little bit of research and apparently 6-year-old ginseng is the best, so Korean 6-year-old ginseng must be the best of the best then! ^^
    Untitled
    I took the mask out and was amazed by it's colour. It's sort of a creamy-brown colour, kind of like butcher's paper (a.k.a. the paper we used to draw on as kindergarten kids..or was I the only one?!) Other than that the texture is very alike to the other types of masks. Scent-wise, I don't really remember it clearly, so it definitely wasn't something strong...But I do remember a slight scent of ginseng (obvious much?) - kind of like the scent you get from the ginseng drinks you can get pretty cheaply at your local Korean Mart.
    Untitled
    The serum is also quite dark in colour - along the lines of black tea or Coke? It provides the similar effect and sensation as the other clear serums. However, I didn't put it on my elbows and knees because I was afraid that the smell would attract ants and other bugs...just me being paranoid...

    Overall this mask is on par with the others - nothing special but not definitely not bad. I just wanted to blog about it because it was a tad more special than the other ones...just me being the natural weirdo I am! ^_^
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment