• #122: Royal Family Mochi Dumpling

    Hi guise! I'm back from the dead again! I managed to live through trials~ I was meant to blog about all these yesterday..but then I decided to slack off and watch dramas and variety shows all day! Therefore, I'm going to spam all you guys with my posts today before I head to tutor.....

    I have no idea why there are Zongzi (粽子)being sold in July/August...but I bought it anyways~

    P1030616

    This is the packaging of the box! Ice-dumplings. I got both flavours - green tea with peanut and a red bean one...but I don't have the box for the other one.

    P1030618
     It's packaged in a nice, easy-to-carry box, so it's great for gift-giving. However, according to the shop
      owners, these mochi dumplings are only sold one a year at around this time.
    P1030620 
    They come in a sealed box on 6 - all tied up today with purple string. It looks really alike to the real zongzi! Kudos for the amazing packaging!
    P1030622 
    It's about the size of my palm...so I guess you could eat in two (maybe one) mouthful...but good luck if you do.
    P1030633 
    Tadaa~ The white powder is just icing sugar - just like the powder on normal mochis. It also helps to avoid the mochi to sticking to the wrapping paper as the dumpling defrosts.
    P1030634 
    This is the insides of the dumpling. It's a mixture of peanut butter tasting paste with peanut pieces. This gives it a better texture, so that the dumpling isn't just a mushy paste.
    P1030637 
    This one is the red bean one - not too appetizing ey? I had other pictures...but there were comments made by someone which I cannot unsee.... so I'm not going to ruin it for everyone else! ^^
    P1030639 
    The inside...doesn't the filling kind of look like the yolk in a moon cake?? Or is it just me....? The red bean paste is unlike the peanut one, as it is a pure paste. Eating this remind me of eating a cold tangyuen(glutinous rice balls with filling, usually a dessert in Chinese cuisine)
    The red bean one is less sweet - so flavour-wise I like this one better, but I like the green/tea-peanut one better texture-wise. 

    Well that's the end of this post la! Hurry and buy it in time - they're getting off the shelf out of the freezer soon la!
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment