• #69: Royal Family Mochi: Sesame and Red Bean

    I'm back again!
    I decided to try out the Royal Family Mochi I bought from the TVBA carnival. Trying all 5 flavours was a bit too much for one night, so I decided to try 2: sesame and red bean flavour!
    Packaging of the mochi! This one is different to the normal one - as it's covered with sesame.  
    This mochi is rectangular shaped! A change from the normal round ones.
    This one is kind of flimsy....like the Chaozhou style 豬油糕....but not as oily.

    The sesame filling: There is sufficient amount of sesame filling in the mochi. But, the sesame flavour is rather weak. When you eat it, you can taste the sesame on the outside, but not the sesame filling...
    Packaging for the red bean mochi

    The red bean one is like the normal mochi as it's dusted with starch powder (katakuriko powder)
    I don't like the powder.... bleurgh

    This one even less structured compared to the sesame me.
    The red bean pasted is pretty good, but there needs to be MORE! 
    When I bite into the mochi, it just tastes like starch...bleurgh...

    Rating: 3/5 (sesame) and 2.5/5 (red bean)
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment