• Tan Viet Noodle House, Cabramatta

    Hello~ Rising from the dead once again....
    Every semester when I feel overwhelmed with the amount of work to do, I always turn to the blog as a way of procrastination and a final form of denial that I'm drowning in readings and assignments.
    20151212_124028
    Anyway, I ventured into Cabramatta back at the end of last year (rarely ever go there because it's such a trek) with the whole fambam. About a month before going, my dad has been going off the hook about Tan Viet Noodle House. Apparently I must have been living under a rock because a quick Google search showed that this place is the king of the famous crispy fried chicken in Vietnamese food.

    So we trekked out to the landmark store on John St (apparently it tastes better the one across the train station at Canley Heights(?)). When we got there, the line was out the door, but moved quickly and we made it in within 20 minutes.
    20151212_120541
    Whilst waiting for a table, I quickly looked up the menu and also discovered the sign saying that they were upping the price (it was either $1 or $3...I don't remember).

    20151212_121538
    By the time we got a table, the four of us had decided what we wanted - everything! And we did just that! We were there for the crispy chicken, so all got that, but paired with different carbs. Our experience with rice dishes at Viet restaurants is that it often turns out too dry, so we all got noodles (choose from rice/egg and dry/soup).
    Each dish comes with the carb, a crispy chicken maryland, a bowl of fish sauce, bean sprouts and a wedge of lemon. For the dry noodles, it also additionally comes with a bowl of clear soup.


    20151212_121543
    All the dishes arrived in under 5 minutes - like they knew what we ordered beforehand. The crispy chicken looks delicious - you can definitely hear the crunch just from the photo! The chicken is decent-sized, and very juicy. However, I do find it slightly bland for my tastebuds (which I gather are slightly defective), but the fish sauce does help bring the taste out an extra step. 

    Out of the four, my favourite must be the dry egg noodles. The rice noodles were a bit to soft for more liking and the soup egg noodles were too bland for more liking. 

    Overall, it was a good experience. Service was fast, food was good. But would I trek out to Cabramatta for it? Probably not. But I would be up for trying the other dishes they have, next time I happen to be around there!

    One post done! A 9-day Japan trip still to blog about! Hopefully I'll get around to it!

    Tan Viet Noodle House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment