• Oliver Brown Belgian Chocolate Cafe, Beverly Hills | Yii Eats

    Hi y'all! It's been a long 2 weeks (a bit more than that I think...). End-of-semester is never good for uni kids (and yes, I know that already as a first semester first year) because of overload of exams, assignments and presentations. But there's always time for friends and food!!! What's even better is when a new food place opens in your neighbourhood! That's why we decided to visit the newly opened Oliver Brown Belgian Chocolate Cafe at the wonderful Bevo!!!
    DSC_0008
    Located at the the upper end of the King Georges Road (near the post office; diagonally opposite Pancakes on the Rocks), the shop is brightly lit, and also quite warm. I distinctly walking in like an eskimo and had to strip my scarf and jacket after around 10 minutes.
    DSC_0007
    Equipped with an coffee machine, gelato fridge as well as a cake fridge (which isn't visible in this picture), this cafe is well equipped. Table sizes generally made for 2, but you can easily put them together for you party. There's also unlimited fruit infused water and normal water, if you need to take yourself away from the chocolate during your visit. Or if you're like me and just drinks a lot (constantly drinking....==")
    DSC_0010
    Despite the freezing weather, we both opted for cold drinks. I went for the Dark OB Iced Chocolate ($7.50) and P got the OB Iced Green Tea Latte ($6.50). To be honest, I was rather disappointed. The dark chocolate wasn't dark enough for my liking, and was extremely similar to Gloria Jeans Iced Chocolate, which is at a fraction of the price. I didn't try P's drink, but according to her, it tasted like a melted matcha softserve. From that I'm assuming it falls short of the standards set by Starbucks' Green Tea Frappucino. This reminds me that I need to go to Tom n Toms to try their green tea frappe thing...(note to self!)
    DSC_0011
    After a careful look at the menu as we tried to figure how we could eat the most variety at the lowest cost. Oliver Brown's menu is made up of waffles, crepes, churros, ice cream and chocolate fondue. So considering we managed to get four out of five of their "main" products, I say we did pretty well. So this the OB Belgian Waffle & Ice cream for two ($18.50) - waffles covered in chocolate sauce and strawberries then accompanied with two generous of scoops of vanilla ice cream. I don't think they make their waffles on site...which is a small disappointment, but it tasted good all the same!
    DSC_0009
    Because the table was too small and I couldn't be bothered to switch the plate around and all, I chose to do a far distance shot. But because my hunger got the better of me, this shot is pretty horrible... But as you can see, we also got the OB Crepe ($12.50). Like the waffles, they tasted good...But at the same time, there wasn't any wow factor (omg..high school Japanese still controls my mind's marking guidelines...hahaha)
    DSC_0014
    Wanting to try churros, but didn't think we could fit in the full size one in our stomachs, we opted to add a set of churros for $5.50. I think I was most disappointed by it as it was extremely doughy...kind of like pancakes in stick form. Costco churros are the best!!!! You all need to try them!

    Oliver Brown's prices aren't extreme, but they definitely aren't wallet friendly if you we to eat there often. They have a chocolate fridge, which sells individual chocolates. I'm yet to try that...but then again, I'm not to big on eating pieces of chocolate.

    At the end of the day, food and restaurant are just adding to the already brilliant experience of catching up friends. Even if you don't understand fully the concept of their assignment of essay, having somewhere there to listen to you about the ups and downs of your life is always good. Wish these gatherings could happen more often! I miss you guys~

    Stay safe and see you soon!
    xx
    Serena

    Oliver Brown on Urbanspoon

  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment