• Lazy Suzie, Darlinghurst

    Trying to dig myself out of all the backlog I have - SD card is filling up quickly! My backlog problem is so serious that Lazy Suzie even changed their name...
    For my 20th birthday this year, I got to have dinner with my two besties at Lazy Suzie (now Lucky Suzie)!
    drinks
    Drinks to start us off - Pink Grapefruit Virgin Suzie ($13) & Mango Virgin Suzie ($13). We don't really love alcohol as much, so we opted for non-alcoholic drinks. I know for sure that one is the pink grapefruit one, but I'm a bit iffy about the orange one in the background.
    All I do remember is that they were both similar, with a similar bitter aftertaste.
    Lobster Spring Roll
    For appetisers, we chose Lobster Thermidor Spring Rolls ($6 each) as I'd seen them all over Instagram. The spring roll shell was extremely crispy and insides were gooey and cheesy. The mayo sauce that accompanied the spring rolls was a delish!
    Fish
    Our waitress recommended us the Fish of the Day (Barramundi) ($40). Funny story there...she told us the fish was massive and was more than enough for the three of us, so we were expecting this massive fish (my family normally gets a 3kg fish for our family when we want fish steak). So when the fish was served, we were all quite shocked by the small size of the fish (approx 800g I think). But size aside, this fish was sooo good. The crust was full of flavour and the meat was soft and tender - amazing!
    BEEF
    After we demolished the fish, we dug into these Beef Short Ribs ($19). The meat was literally fall of the bone -- no knife needed. Flavours were strong and I just wish for more of than sweet sauce!
    CKT
    And definitely, the all famous Char Koay Teow ($17) -- we opted not to upgrade to the Supreme version with crab meat. This dish was the only one of the night that missed the mark for me. The rice noodles were a bit too soft and crumbly for my liking. It was a bit difficult to pick up with chopsticks and you could only spoon it onto your plate. I would like it more if it were more like a Malaysian version of 乾炒牛河.
    ABC_edited
    And a dinner is never complete without dessert - especially one that is so photogenic! The ABC ($14) was the very reason why we decided to go to Lazy Suzie in the first place. This dessert totally merges my two favourite Asian desserts together - Taro Sago & Bingsoo! So creamy, sweet and there are sudden bursts of tartness as well!
    CAKE
    What's a birthday like without a cake, especially when there are sparklers!!  Thank you emilyy for this wonderful cake ~
    Deepest thanks to my two best buddies for this wonderful night!


    Lucky Suzie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
  • You might also like

    No comments:

    Post a Comment